Friday, March 13, 2009

The History of Municipality of Alamada

Legal Mandate

The Municipality was created pursuant to Republic Act 5645 passed by the Senate on May 20, 1969 and the House of Representative on May 22, 1969. Its name was adopted in memory and in honor of the late powerful ruler, Datu Amaybulyok Alamada. He was the leader who fought against the foreign oppression and tyranny. The Datu was recognized as one of the fiery rulers by the Iranon and the Dalaman who were scattered throughout the Northern Part of the Municipalities of Pigcawayan, Libungan, Sultan Kudarat and in Kitacubong (now Poblacion) as the seat of his Kingdom. Prior to its creation as a Municipality, the area was a pilot project of the late President Ramon Magsaysay. It was a resettlement area for HUK surrenderees. Prior to its creation as a Municipality the area was a pilot project of the late President Ramon Magsaysay. It was also a public land as declared by then President Elpidio Quirino on March 10, 1953. It was declared as a resettlement site under Proclamation No. 376. After its declaration as a resettlement area, President Quirino designated the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) to implement the ‘Land for the Landless’ program.

On January 1, 1954, the area was named Genio Edcor, pursuant to Section 3 of General Order No. 409 GHQ, AFP, the name was in honor of the late M/SGT REGINO GENIO who was ambushed in 1953 at Perido Edcor Farm, Angadunan, Isabela, by the Hukbong Magpapalaya ng Bayan sa Hapon. From January 1, 1954, to August 6, 1961, Genio Edcor was a political subdivision by the Municipality of Midsayap. MR. SAMSON B. BUENAFE, a bonafide settler of Genio Edcor, represented the area in the Municipal of Midsayap.

When Libungan (as part of Midsayap) was created as a Municipality on August 7, 1961, Edcor become a barangay of Libungan. Three (3) settlers of Genio Edcor were representatives to the Municipal Council of Libungan. After seven years, five (5) settlers from Genio Edcor were representatives of the Municipal Council of Libungan. On January 30, 1967, these gentlemen, Edmundo Buenaflor, Dioscoro Jalandoni, Juan Manantan, Teodoro Esteban and Samson Buenafe, sponsored resolution No. 6, series of 1967 creating Genio Edcor as a separate Municipality. The resolution was approved by the council and was forwarded to the Provincial Board of Cotabato. And after that the Governor Datu Udtog Matalam returned the Municipal resolution No. 6 was amended by resolution No. 25 dated 13 November 1967 proposing the creation of the Municipality of Alamada and Kitacubong as the seat of the Municipal government. On April 4, 1968, the Provincial Board of Cotabato approved Resolution No. 38 supporting resolution No. 254 for the creation of the Municipality of Alamada. Resolution No. 38 was forwarded to the congress for approval. On May 20, 1969 the Senate and the House of Representative by the sixth Congress for approval. On which finally created the Municipality of Alamada.


No comments:

Post a Comment